Saturday, June 16, 2012

Not a lot of gardening today

It's 101 degrees out there.  I am happy in my 80 degree  house watching the US Open.  I did get out early this morning and watered.

Cherry tomatoes are very happily producing, not a heavy yield yet, but getting there.  The other tomatoes are looking strong and there is a lot of green fruit.  Such a far cry from last year's crop. 

Apricots will be ripe in a few more days and I will start the green bean harvest tonight.




I had my first Padrone pepper.  Oh, what a sublime taste.  I sauteed it in olive oil and sprinkled with salt.  So very tasty!  Thank you, Joyce, for telling me about them!

I'll have a new garden bed soon.  It is in the making but obviously, not today! Too hot out out there.  The clay, can't call it soil, is nearly black so it must have some great nutrients but it is hard enough to make pottery, I think.  We will certainly,once again, buy soil.

Once it is set up, and I hope that is soon, I want to plant calypso beans for drying.


My pretty picture today is one of those bromeliads sold as air plants and it is sitting in a tea cup. It was looking a bit funny last week so I moved it and this morning I saw that it was flowering.




1 comment:

  1. Love you sharing your garden with those of us who are not as ambitious!

    ReplyDelete