Sunday, January 19, 2014

1st day planting in 2014

Today I am starting seeds, under lights for my summer garden and directly in the ground for my spring garden.

Under the Lights
Tomatoes: Super Sweet 100s (Lake Valley Seeds), Riesentraube (Baker Creek Heirlooms), San Marzano (Baker Creek)and Brandywines (Seed Savers Exchange)
Peppers: Topepo Rosso (Franchi Sementi), Padron (Franchi Sementi)and Espelette (heirloom from a friends garden originally from Cambo France). Missing this year is Doux de Landes, the long, thin sweet pepper so good sauteed in olive oil.
Eggplant: Diamond - from Seed Savers Exchange, from the Ukraine. They should be 9 inches long and 3 inches wide
Fennel: Florence (Botanical Interest)

Direct Sowing
Peas, Green Arrow from Seed Savers
Kale: Dwarf Blue Curled, Vate's Strain fro Ferry Morse
Turnips: Purple Top (Ferry Morse)

I am growing favas. I am picking savoy cabbage, purple top turnips, curly kale and daikon. And I still have two Galeux de Eysines pumpkins!

It is a good way to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment