Sunday, July 22, 2012

Winter squash one week later

I planted 4 winter squash and they now occupy about 14x5 feet or more!

In the middle, at the bottom behind the two lowest large leaves above is the squash I have been posting. It now a good bit bigger than a softball and only what, three weeks?

On a Not working so well note, I am worried about my Liberty apple and Seckle pear. They may have fire blight.  Both have symptoms as the books describe, sort of. Aargh!  However it is manifesting differently on each. The pear's leaves are turning. These photos are the pear:


 The apple's problem started in spring. A foot long year old, healthy looking shoot died back to the end of the prior year's growth.  No other damage occurred until this spur up and died:
Any ideas?  If it wasn't Sunday evening I'd head out to the local nursery for advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment